Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amb*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
USA
Would anyone with a 6S or 6S+ be willing to upload the raw JPG and MOV files associated with a live photo? It doesn't matter what the picture is of. There are quite a few developers who would really like to get a live photo to look at some of the implementation details, as the iOS 9.1 public API is a bit lacking.

I'm not looking for a GIF or an exported lone JPEG, but the original JPG/MOV pair.

Thanks!

Fluttershy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Australia
OK So I took one, and will attempt to add into this post:

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 146

Fluttershy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Australia
Hmm looks like it just attaches it as JPEG - Maybe once ElCap is out it will be different, I don't think Yosemite supports Live Photos

amb*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2015
USA
Hmm looks like it just attaches it as JPEG - Maybe once ElCap is out it will be different, I don't think Yosemite supports Live Photos

I think in Yosemite if you import using Photos.app by plugging your phone into your computer it should give you a separate photo and movie. Those are what I'm looking for. Whoever wrote this news piece shows a screenshot of the separate files, but I'm not sure where they got them. Under the picture in that article it says "However, when importing Live Photos to your Mac in Yosemite's Photos app, they're imported as a separate JPG and MOV file."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.