Can someone specify the Boot Camp driver names?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MacsAreBetter\, Jan 15, 2010.

1. MacsAreBetter\ macrumors member

MacsAreBetter\

I have been using boot camp for about 3 months now, so don't presume I'm a 'noob' at it.

I installed Windows 7 yesterday, and to maximize the experience, I wanted to update the drivers from the Snow Leopard installation disk. I have looked all over the web and these forums and couldn't find what I was looking for.

So if anyone can provide me with a small list of drivers and company/developer names, that would be really helpful. Or otherwise, if you just know how to find out the driver names. My info is in the signature.

Thanks in advance,
    -Mike

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How can we give you a list of drivers and their vendors, if we don't know what Mac you have?
    A Mac from 2007 needs different drivers than one from 2007. Especially if one is a MacBook an the other a MacBook Pro. Or any other Mac.

And have a look around this forums via MRoogle to find many threads about the questions you have, as those are asked a lot.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I thought you said you had a Mac, not a Mike, is that a Hackintosh of some kind? (You have no signature with info).

Your point is valid, but it would have probably been more effective if you had used different years. ;)

B

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But that was my point. Maybe I should have taken the year 2008 instead, with the whole turnover of those mobile notebook things.

What the hell, good night.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Most of the drivers are made by Apple, save the chipset and video drivers which are pretty easy to find and update.

The rest are updated by Software Update (on the Windows side) when updates are available.

Don't worry about it.