Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
I understand it answers the question "What are you doing"... But do you have to sign up for twitter accounts at twitter.com to use the app store apps?

Also, what are some good feeds to watch/participate in?

Thanks =)

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Yes you need an account first. I'm kind of going off it so only read Steven frys twitters.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Yes, you do need a free Twitter account. Besides your friends, it's fun to follow certain celebrities (@DiabloCody, @CaliLewis), or even businesses, who will keep you up to date, or even offer discounts (@DirecTV, @AmazonMP3). It's a good place for breaking news as well. :)

http://twitter.com/Galley99

Ashyukun

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
I understand it answers the question "What are you doing"... But do you have to sign up for twitter accounts at twitter.com to use the app store apps?

Also, what are some good feeds to watch/participate in?

Thanks =)
Yes- all of the iPhone apps (and clients for other systems as well) rely upon your having an account on Twitter.com. Well, OK, that's not completely true, there are some other Twitter-ish alternatives that some of the apps use, but by and large you need an account on Twitter.com.

As far as finding good feeds to watch/participate in, I by and large just have my friends, a few celebrities who post interesting stuff, and BBC news. You might try grabbing one of the apps that has popular feeds included in it by default. You might try out the free version of Twittelator- it has a 'featured tweeters' page in it that might be of interest...

whitlecj

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2008
For me it is a great way to stay in touch with folks. Try it out and you will be hooked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.