Can someone translate this into simpler terms

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisN, Jun 25, 2008.

1. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 09/20/2009 More Details (link doesnt work)

Hi, I am looking at my upgrade eligibility and I am seeing if my dad is eligible (he as a low end samsung) but it says that next to his line. So can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    ChrisN

EDIT
    Next to my line (iPhone) it say

You currently have a past due balance, please pay your past due balance. You can take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment.

Don't mind the beginning. So that means my dad can upgrade because it says the same thing next to an iPhone and a samsung.

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I think what it is saying is that you will have to wait until that date before you can change over that existing contract to the iPhone.

Not 100% sure as phone contracts work different over here in the UK.

3. pcorrado macrumors 6502

I read that to mean that they are attempting to clear up confusion with the iPhone and are trying to get not get people's hopes up that there will be a no commitment option for the iPhone by stating that all iPhone require a 2 year commitment.

Do not give up hopes yet it does not say you are ineligible for an iPhone specifically - just that a commitment is required and that you are not eligible for an "equipment discount" until 9/20. Although it seems more likely than not that the quoted iPhone price is considered "equipment discount" in this context - AT&T and Apple could surprise us all!

4. MojoWill macrumors 6502

with regrads to your line they are saying that you have money outstanding which you need to pay first

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

6. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I said disregard the beginning:/ hopefully I can get my dad a new iPhone for the cheap price.

ChrisN

7. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

It means both of you can get the iPhone, but neither of you are getting the $199/$299 price. If you were eligible for those prices, it would say that you are upgrade eligible.

No, nobody knows what the "retail" price is going to be. All we know is that you still have to sign a new contract, regardless of whether or not you pay retail.

8. ChrisN thread starter macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Ok i get what's going on now... sort of
    Thanks all,

ChrisN

9. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

AT&T:
    This is what my line says and I just got a free phone a month ago, and an iPhone on the pricedrop day(9/5/07). AT&T changed this text yesterday to add the iPhone sentence and in the process my line went from "eligible for upgrade in 2 years" to "eligible now" according to that text. All other lines on our family plan say the same thing but they haven't received free phones in a while.

It seems as though my account terms were reset when they added the iPhone text...hopefully they don't figure this out before the 11th and I can walk in and get my iPhone 3G, otherwise I'll return my free phone (the 13th will be 30 days) and have them reset it properly.