Can someone using watchOS 3 beta test if it fixed a calendar alert bug introduced in OS 2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by somainer, Jul 23, 2016.

1. somainer macrumors newbie

I love my watch BUT watchOS 2 introduced a bug that causes calendar alerts to produce a sound EVEN if turned off in settings... so would someone using v3 beta be willing to test if the issue has been fixed (would take just a few minutes)?

1) in the iPhone Watch app, tap on My Watch, tap on Sounds & Haptics - and then set alert volume to its maximum, slide Silent Mode switch to Off
    2) tap on My Watch again, scroll down and tap on Calendar - then select Custom (instead of Mirror my iPhone), slide Show Alerts to On, then tap on Upcoming Events and make sure that Show Upcoming Event Alerts switch in On, BUT Sound Switch is Off AND Haptic switch is set to On
    3) create an event in the iPhone calendar that begins a few minutes from now, and set an alert for "At time of event"
    4) put phone to sleep (tapping sleep button), then wait a few minutes until the alert is triggered on your watch

When the alert fires on your watch, do you hear the tone (and get the haptic feedback) OR do you just get the haptic feedback?

Thanks, in advance, to anyone willing to help me out. You can return your watch to the way it was by reversing the directions above.

2. Neo1975 macrumors regular

Hi.

The watch still makes a noise when the event triggers.