Can someone write me a script that will put a file in my onboard RAM upon sartup?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Cox Orange, May 10, 2017.

1. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

Hello,

one of my ibook's onboard RAM is defective (failed memtest's tests, though AHT said everything is ok, but I had issues). I have an extra stick of RAM in there, which is good.

Now I am following a solution by KawaiiAurora
    and ask, if someone can write me such a file, or if this is even possible.

The onboard RAM is 512MB big. It is an ibook G4 mid 2005 12".

Thanks in advance!

2. LightBulbFun macrumors 6502a

LightBulbFun

it is possible to disable the onboard ram completely using open firmware, I have played with it a bit with one of my iBooks but i have not extensively tested it nor have i made it non volatile (ie the it only disables the RAM for that one boot) I originally figured it out as a member/friend has an iBook G4 with what we suspect to be bad onboard RAM but we have yet to test it on his machine

3. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000

Let me know how/if you advance!

Did you test the RAM with memtest?

4. LightBulbFun macrumors 6502a

LightBulbFun

My iBook G4 has perfectly working onboard RAM, as i said I have not yet been able to test it on the iBook which has the Bad onboard ram (its not my iBook its another members) all i can say is it looks like it disables the onboard RAM on my iBook G4

truth be told im not sure when it will get tested on a iBook with bad onboard ram, as its been about a year or so since the owner of that iBook has worked on it (he is not in any particular rush to work on that machine) and i dont feel like killing any onboard ram on my iBooks :p

5. Cox Orange thread starter macrumors 68000