Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I have been reading about SSD, and I wanted to know if I were to buy an SSD from Intel, how would I install it on my MBP? Is an adapter sufficient, or do I need to physically have it installed into the MBP?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It would be a waste as an external. I'd remove the HDD in your current MBP and replace it with the SSD. If you want to remove your optical and replace with that HDD then search for "optibay" and you'll learn how to do that. If you only replace the HDD with the SSD then you don't need an adapter.

maddan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
It would be a waste as an external. I'd remove the HDD in your current MBP and replace it with the SSD. If you want to remove your optical and replace with that HDD then search for "optibay" and you'll learn how to do that. If you only replace the HDD with the SSD then you don't need an adapter.

Okay. So it IS possible to have the SSD installed, and have the HDD as extra? Is there any way to combine both performances?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.