Can Steve Jobs...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

rush AT&T to release MMS? Why are they holding it back?

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

i could say cause ATT sucks, and even tho it might be true, the mods may not like that if that was my only post, but i will add some content:p:
    short answer:
    ATT is upgrading their network. it takes time. nothing steve can do.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Steve Jobs or Apple can't make AT&T do anything and I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship is not renewed. When that happens watch AT&T's stock take a nose dive. Then AT&T will have wished they had not degraded the iPhone's ability so much.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

they wont drop ATT all together, but just end the exclusivity. which is good for me.

5. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

I cant see iphone being moved to anyother provider then T-Mobile. But I still think it will stay with AT&T.

6. w3cum macrumors regular

They wont Drop AT&T... they cant go to Verizon because VZ would restrict the iPhone even more. Sprint doesnt want it... may go to TMobile.... Face it... Apple and AT&T... not a marriage made in heaven but a marriage of opportunity

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

MMS is the most overrated feature on cell phones. I'm so glad i haven't gotten more than 5 MMS in the last 2 years of owning an iPhone.

9. Shabbis macrumors regular

Agreed! Why get charged by ATT using MMS when email is free?

If anything, you'd think ATT would be going as fast as they can to get MMS out so they can fleece their customers for even more money.

10. Brandonsc macrumors member

Yeah, I see everyone speculating Verizon will pick up the iPhone. As mentioned many times before, Verizon is CDMA. Verizon would have to upgrade to GSM, or Apple manufacture a CDMA iPhone. Why would Apple "downgrade" their phone to older technology. I see T-Mobile as an option in the United States. I think Steve Jobs needs to throw a couple billion dollars at AT&T to hasten the network upgrade. LOL!

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Comical that people still think they're going to be charged extra for MMS.

It's included in the message plan you ALREADY HAVE on your account.

Put your SIM in any other AT&T phone and see how much they charge you when you send an MMS. Go ahead. I'll wait.

12. milerich macrumors regular

They charge for MMS??

My family unlimited text plan states that SMS and MMS are included in the plan for $30/month. Given that we average 3000/month sent and received between my wife and I, this is a bargain.

13. pavvento macrumors 6502

I think the theory is that if you're sending MMS you will be using more messages, therefore some people would have to upgrade their messaging plan.

14. Shabbis macrumors regular

You are still charged a message. So you pay more for the unlimited SMS plan. Email is included in the data plan for free, which is minimally required for the iPhone, SMS is extra.