Can surf internet with Firefox but not Safari. Why?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bhsu21, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

Just recently I have not been about to surf the internet using Safari when I'm in a wireless area. It just says Safari cannot find the server. However if I use Firefox it is just fine.

Before I didn't seem to have any problems. Just started yesterday. At home it startd. Then been using wireless at the airport and now hotel. Can't use Safari.

Any solutions to fix this?

Thanks

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Try deleting your Safari plist file?

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.Safari.plist - take that and drag it out to the desktop or bin it and then launch safari.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Go to Safari->Preferences->Advanced(tab)->Proxies (Change Settings button).

Make sure that you don't have any proxy information that shouldn't be there enabled.

4. JGeorge07 macrumors newbie

This exact thing happened to me about a year ago. I don't remember the specifics, and the advice that was given above me might work too, but it was something in the network preferences. Somewhere there's a list that has the order that things are on the network or something, and you have to move Safari to the top of that list.

Obviously, I don't have much in the way of a specific answer, but maybe somewhere more knowledgable than myself can help clarify my jumbled answer.

5. bhsu21 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks everyone for their help!!

This solution worked for me. Thank you so much. Relief!!!!