Can`t change default account for AppStore after JB

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sstyle, Jan 30, 2011.

1. sstyle, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

sstyle macrumors regular

Hello!

I did JB on my iPhone 4 with account #1 (for ex.). Then I change account to another (account #2). But #2 is my main account...

For example I bought some app with acoount #2. After some time it ask me for update. I go to AppStore check account #2, go to updates And try to get update, but appstore ask me password for account #1 (instead #2)!!!

If I try to buy in app purchase, I also get error like "Use another account..", but I buy it with right account.

This situations is similar on two phones(iphone 4 + ios4.2.1) (( I dont know what to do.

ps sorry for bad English, I hope you understand me

similar issue - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/4887-cant-update-apps.html

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You cannot merge accounts....If you download an app on one account, you cannot get the update for that app with another account. The only way to do it is to delete the app on your phone and then download again it from whatever account you want.

3. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

No... You dont understand me.

1) I had clean phone.

2) I did JB, and I used account #1 in this time

3) I changed account to #2 and bought some app

4) I tried to update this app (I bought it with #2 account) but it ask me pass for account #1!!

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Go to settings and then store. Log out and log back in with the new account. If that doesn't work then try restoring and doing a JB again and if that doesn't work then I'm not sure how to fix your problem.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you bought the app with account 2, then it's highly unlikely that iTunes would ask for the other password.

Have you tried Settings>Store> log out and then log back in with account #1 and see if you can get the update.

Or better yet, just delete it and log out, and back in with the account you want to use and download it.

6. sstyle thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I tried it ((

I know this method. But it doesn`t work with in-app purchases. For ex. today I download some app first time(I haven`t install it before), ant try to buy add-on. I got a error that I should use another account ((

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Well, since this started when you JB your phone, seems like the solution would be to "Restore As New".