Can the 2013 Air handle having Windows in it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cramazing, Jul 10, 2013.

1. cramazing macrumors 6502

trying to decide between having windows installed inside the Air's SSD or do it on an external HD, SSD only has 128GB

2. johnjey macrumors regular

Well, i wish you would have thought earlier, 128SSD will NOT be enough as windows 8 will eat up 60GB itself as a standard SSD partition. A money saved somewhere goes somewhere else lol in a so called clumsy/huge (yeah the passport-size is also huge compared to an SSD chip)...

3. cramazing thread starter macrumors 6502

i'll be using Windows 7 pro, not 8, is 7 the same size?

4. johnjey macrumors regular

Not sure about that, i am still stuck on how to get windows 7 or 8 installed on mac? I have never done it so needs to be educated on it and on top of that i am getting corrupt windows 8 error using VMware when i try to install its setup.

Also, i think in order to install 8 you must have 7 present already and i have been hearing rants about failed drivers on 8 on this forum, so i think we should be better off having the 7 installed on air...!

5. andy769 macrumors member

I've installed windows 7 on my air using bootcamp. Original install was 26gigs. I youtubed windows 7 ssd optimization and got the entire os down to 11gb. It's running smoothly so far. I set it up last weekend.

6. zipur macrumors 6502

Works great here under VM Ware. However the more I use the MAC the less I need Windows.

7. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Nice... without too much effort I got it to 15GB
    Video link please.

8. andy769 macrumors member

9. happyhippo1337 macrumors regular

Tell me please: how do you live with that horrible trackpad experience in windows? I mean: performance and display quality were above mountain lion, but that trackpad .... :mad:

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater