I just bought an MPB for college. It's a lot faster than my iMac, which is a 24" dualcore C2D with only 2GB RAM. So i figure i'll sell it off and buy an ACD because I do need screen real estate as I do design work from home (and 27" is the perfect size for me). The design is amazing, like the latest imacs minus the chin, and the glossy won't be a huge issue as I have lighting that doesn't turn it into a mirror. Although it does seem ridiculously expensive... Anyway, my question is: is a significant upgrade due? I noticed the average update time is coming up in under 2 months, but looking back since the early 2000s, the display is something that has received very few significant updates (just price cuts, mostly). The thing is, I could, for now, keep my iMac and hold off—IF a significant upgrade was due. But if I like the design, like the size, am okay with the price... am I just waiting for nothing? Should I just get one now? EDIT: Bonus question: how good are the ACD speakers? Better than iMacs? Wondering if I could declutter my desk my selling my logitechs too.