Can the digital crown be changed?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by venividivigor, Jan 8, 2015.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

If you look at all the videos and photos you can see the digital crown color in the centre matches each and every belt. How would you think that would work?

2. AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

The digital crown is only changing colour on the gold models, You can change the band if you want but there are limited options. Basically the band you bought is the one you're stuck with, just like a normal watch

3. Julien, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This is incorrect. Any :apple:Watch designed band (3ed party also) will fit and is user changeable to any :apple:Watch as long as it's 38mm or 42mm.

The Sport Crown is just aluminum and the SS is black. We still don't know about the Crown on the Edition. It looks like there will be at least 4 Crown colors: White, Black, Red and Midnight Blue. It has been speculated that you may be able to buy replacement Crowns (screw on/off) or the end color piece may be replaceable in some way (like a magnetic stick on).

It is highly unlikely you will be 'stuck' with buying a certain color Crown on the very expensive Edition. If this were the case it should only be offered or bought in Black to be safe.

4. Dave245 macrumors 601

I hope not, i plan on buying the :apple: Watch and buying a sports band for when i'm exercising and buying other bands such as the Midnight Blue and a Stainless Steel Link Bracelet to change around for different occasions/moods.

5. saschke macrumors 6502

I know this isn't the case, but I would expect Apple to be smart enough and not color the crown at all. It would be so much more straight forward if the top of the crown would be the same material and color as the watch body.

6. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

That's what I think, but it's very clearly shown as being colored on several of the gallery images.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Wrong. The space grey models also have diffrent digital crown colours. Perhaps one can pull it out and change it. We as consumers do not know this info yet.

8. JPLC, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

JPLC macrumors 6502

Best option would be a crown face included with every band. Some simple click system or magnet. Nothing special. And it should be on every type Apple Watch.

9. Just1n12 macrumors member

Just1n12

Maybe you can change it but I'm not getting my hopes up, I am fine with the black crown on the Stainless Steel watch face (which is the one I'm planning on getting) but who knows :3