Can the digitizer be repaired?? Will they give me a replacement??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Billy95Tech, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Billy95Tech, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015

Billy95Tech Suspended

Couple weeks ago I dropped my IPad Air 2 on accident and now when I try to watch videos on the native videos app or the YouTube app, any website/app the video will pause or go fast forward or go in slow motion with out me even touching the screen so I can't really watch videos on there anymore!! :( :(

And I am wondering since the Apple have made the screen all in to one layer instead of 3 layers on the previous iPads before the Air 2.

When I take it back to PC World(the place I bought the Air 2) in about a week, will they try to open up the iPad and repair the digitizer in the IPad or will they give me a replacement??

And I would prefer a replacement because most probably the hardware like the CPU A8X might of been damaged and have a couple dents on the back and the side of the iPad due to the drop. :/ :/

I can't really see them trying to open up a IPad and repair the digitizer because I think everything in the IPad Air 2 is sealed in and by the way I done a hard reset on the IPad and the video problem is still there!!

I think most likely by default PC World will send my IPad Air 2 off to get it repaired so I am going have to use my (not so great)Android Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for a month before I can get my IPad Air 2 back again and use it again.

2. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

3. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

The display is fully laminated now to the digitizer.. They replace the entire display assembly now instead of a top layer of glass.. It's very costly now to get it done, about 60% the cost of a new Air2 if i'm not mistaken.

4. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

5. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am afraid those are your only options.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

sorry but its highly unlikely that anyone around here is going to know the policies of some third party that is pulling sketch stuff like replacing iPad screens

8. Aboo macrumors 6502a

If you bought it with a credit card, see if you can get it repaired or replaced through them. Many credit cards have an insurance policy for theft and accidental damage for electronics and other items that were purchased with them. Other option is to call Apple and be honest. Explain what happened and see if they would be willing to grant you an exception and repair the iPad. Good luck!

9. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Went to PC World today and took the Air 2 back and they said the Ipad Air 2 has to be sent to another place to get it repaired and so i am going have to wait over a month to get my Ipad back that is fine.

So in the mean time i will be using my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 in place of my Ipad Air 2.
    Glad that i kept my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 after i bought the Ipad Air 2. :)

10. Chrischan macrumors newbie

Chrischan

Apple does not repair iPads, but will replace the entire iPad for a flat fee. If you have AppleCare+ on the iPad, the cost will be relatively minimal; $49 in the US. Otherwise, select the appropriate issue on this page:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/repair/

and look at the Out Of Warranty Cost section.

There are independent iPad repair services that may be able to replace the iPad air 2 screen for less. Do a web search for "ipad repair". You can also look for parts and instructions and do the repair yourself. Note, though, that if you elect to have the iPad serviced by an unauthorized shop or perform your own repair, you will get no further support from Apple.

11. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

Read my last post above your post!!