Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
Might anyone know if the Eero Pro 6 can be daisy chained? I have the Xfinity Xfi Pods (gen 2) and I'm not able to get more than 20 Mbps down in my third floor office. We're paying for 1 GB.

So I was thinking I'd try the Eero Pro 6, especially if they can be daisy chained to try to get moderately better speeds on the third floor.

Thanks!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Might anyone know if the Eero Pro 6 can be daisy chained? I have the Xfinity Xfi Pods (gen 2) and I'm not able to get more than 20 Mbps down in my third floor office. We're paying for 1 GB.

So I was thinking I'd try the Eero Pro 6, especially if they can be daisy chained to try to get moderately better speeds on the third floor.

Thanks!
By daisy chain, do you mean a wired back haul? If that’s what you mean, then the answer is yes.

sir42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
Actually wireless backhaul. I have a 3 story house and I don’t think I’ll get good WiFi on the third floor if there’s just one hop from the First Eero to a second Eero on the second floor. I think I would need a third Eero on the third floor so wanted to make sure the Eero could make two hops on the way back to the main Eero.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
It’s a mesh network so they all interconnect. Unless you live in a skyscraper, I don’t think you’ll have an issue. You could probably get away with one eero on the first floor and one eero on the third floor but that all depends on the materials separating the floors. The eero Pro 6 also has Thread built in but I don’t think they’re enabled yet. There’s an option in settings for it.

sir42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
Thanks for the replies. Eero coming this week and will test it out against the Xfinity Xfi pods I currently have.

Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.