Can the Firefox Url box be moved ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by star555, Aug 1, 2008.

1. star555 macrumors regular

I am using Firefox 3, and have managed to move the tabs to the bottom of the page, down near the dock, this helps in not having to raise the mouse pointer to the top of the page ,( not really into keyboard short cuts ) now I was wondering if its possible to move the top part of the Firefox window where the url address box and book marks are shown , down to the bottom of the page, so all my mouse clicking can then be done from the bottom of the page ... ?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

:) I think so, you probably need to edit userchrome.js. is that how you moved tabbar?

3. star555 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi clevin , being a newbie I had to use the Firefox add - On called Tab Mix Plus
    to move the tabs to the bottom of the page, so as for using userchrome.js. , that at the moment is beyond my scope. :(

Thanks

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

read ithic' post here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=594331&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

you need to install userChrome.js addon first. (you might need to disable addon compatibility check for this, or using another addon "nightly tester tool")

then edit the uerChrome.js file with a text editor, in which you can find the codes in ithic's post and copy paste desired portion into your files. restart firefox and then try to re-arrange your toolbars.

This what I got so far. Still messy and needs more exploration. but definitely doable.

Attached Files: