Can the "Geniuses" at Apple Store fix/replace my ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by peapody, Mar 28, 2009.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I have a first gen ipod touch that has a broken top button...which prevents me from turning off the screen of the ipod as well as turning the ipod off. It is still under warranty until June, and I was wondering if these repairs can be made through the apple store? Has anyone out there done this?

Thanks in advance guys - I did a search but there were no topics close to answering my question.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Not to sound like an ass or anything, but don't you think that this question would be better asked AT the Apple Store? I mean, you're just wasting time posting here when you could already be at the Apple Store and getting it fixed.

Just a thought. ;)

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Of course they will fix/replace the iPod as long as it doesn't look as if you caused the damage. Most likely, they'll immediately replace it with a good quality refurb.

4. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Um..

I don't have a car, so it is hard for me to get to an Apple Store. I just wanted to know which way would be more efficient so I would not have to wait. I am always in school so I cannot be home to get the boxes to ship to Apple. I have thought about these things, that is why I asked. I didn't know they had 1st gens in stock.

Please don't assume that it is easy for everyone to get places - because you know what happens when you assume...

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Call 1-800-APL-CARE and they will give you your options as far as repair/replacement. If you go to an Apple Store, it will be replaced with a refurbished model. They normally don't fix iPods at the store, but they are sent back to Apple to be repaired. After QC, they are distributed back to stores, but only as replacements, not new sales.

Or go to apple.com/retail and find your closest store. Click on the Genius Bar button and make a reservation so that when you go there, you won't have to wait (long).