Can the iPhone 7 + bend? (on his own)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robert1998, Aug 9, 2017.

1. robert1998 macrumors regular

robert1998

Hello guys! Do you know it is possible for an iPhone 7+ to bend in the front pocket of skinny jeans? I'm just curious if normal things like this can damage the iPhone? I heard from someone saying that Apple recomends users of the Plus size model to not drop it in the pocket?

What are your experiences with PLUS models so far?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Might not happen often but I had a friend who might have had a few drinks that ran into a table edge with his thigh, right where the 7+ was and it bent big time.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Generally, no. Something drastic would have to occur.

Also, everyone knows that iPhones are female, not male. :p

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

With the 7000 Series aluminum, it could take quite a bit of force to bend your iPhone. But with enough force in the right area, it's possible. It's Just one of those situations that you are going to have to be cautious when you have it in your pocket.

5. noobinator macrumors 601

With enough force anything can bend. How tight are these jeans and how strong is the material? It could technically happen but is very unlikely.

6. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I only don't understand what should 7+ do in skinny jeans pocket...unreal nonsense, sorry :)
    And of course, if so, please make sure it's a back pocket and don't take it out when you want to sit down :)

7. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

My 6S Plus bent in front jean pockets. Not skinny jeans either. My 7 Plus has not had this issue. Having said that, I suspect if you did it everyday for a year, you would probably have a slight bend that would only be noticeable when it was on a flat surface. Even then, it isn't bad. A couple millimeters.

8. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Baggy jeans and you can't go wrong. So much more roomy and no bent iPhone.