Can the iPhone be told to trust a mac?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by vexorg, Oct 12, 2016.

1. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2009
    Every time I now connect my phone to my mac to import photos then it wont until I unlock the phone.

Is there any way to tell them that my phone can trust my mac?
  2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

Jul 19, 2010
    I'm having the same issue, very annoying. Hoping there is a solution.
  3. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2007
    This should only happen on the first sync with a computer. Once you click Trust, the next time you plug in the iPhone to that computer it shouldn't ask again. If it keeps popping up it maybe a bug in iOS 10 that's effecting a small group or it may just be residual garbage files from a previous backup and a wipe/restore can fix. I'd wait to see if it continues in iOS 10.1
  4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
    Seems like the issue is that that prompt isn't coming up.
  5. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2007
    Unlock the phone to the home screen, plug into Mac & Sync. Keep phone on the home screen until iPhoto opens on the Mac to transfer the photos. The unlock during the transfer is clearing the Trust message and taking you straight to home.
  6. niji macrumors 6502a

Feb 9, 2003
    if you sign out of iCloud or do something like that, the next time you sign back it, it does ask if you want to Trust that mac.
  7. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2009
    I never use iCloud on my mac, why would I ever want to? I travel a lot and often have no internet, so don't want to rely on any cloud based system, it has to work standalone or nothing for me.
  8. ser968 macrumors member

May 18, 2008
    I am having this issue too with my phone - very annoying! This does not happen with my iPad or my wife's phone.