Can the iPhone support two Apple Watch Profiles?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dwebstert, Apr 28, 2015.

1. dwebstert macrumors newbie

If I had two different Apple Watches, would it possible to pair both of them to my phone. And I don't mean at the same time. But suppose I wanted to wear one watch one day and the other the next day. Can the iPhone support two Apple Watch Profiles?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Maybe (I don't know for sure) but I bet it would be a hassle in the current configuration. I would guess that the watch app would start from scratch each time and any customizations you made would be lost each time.

I get the idea. Sport maybe for sports and stainless with leather band for dressy occasions and other things.

3. dwebstert thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply gsmornot. You are probably right but it would be nice if Apple supported this feature. Especially since you can give each watch a unique name. I am still waiting for my watch to arrive. Based on how I like it will determine if I order a second one.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I doubt many people will order more than one. I think initially they were concerned with enough people wanting the first one. There are channels to submit ideas, you might try that and see what happens. Letting them know might have it show up in a future release.

At a minimum, since so much depends on the Apple ID, maybe they could lean on that more and just apply settings to all watches logged into an ID. They don't now because there is no keyboard but I'm sure there is a way.

5. danmanmtl macrumors member

You can have two watches and keep all your customizations, but from my findings it does take time to switch back and forth.

You just need to unpair the current watch, then pair the second watch it will ask you if you would like to restore from backup of the first watch, you can keep doing this back and forth.

The only thing I have noticed in doing this myself besides the time it takes to restore whichever watch you are going to use is that you lose that days "activity" data. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Just reporting my experience.

Cheers

6. ianfann macrumors 6502

Why don't you just change the straps? Why get two watches? The money spent on another watch could easily be used to buy a few more straps.

BUT, if you are saying that both the watches that you bought are of different size i.e.. 38 & 42mm, then please ignore my comments. ;)

7. dwebstert thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your feedback danmanmtl. Perhaps Apple will improve this process in an software update.

----------

This is a good idea ianfann. Thanks for your feedback.

8. Alith macrumors 6502

The straps are very easy to swap out. You just tap a button on the underside of the watch and they slide right out. There's no need for multiple watches. Just get a steel watch and you can make it look dressy or casual by just changing the bands.

9. dwebstert thread starter macrumors newbie

Two watch profiles

Has anyone tried this? Swapping between two different watches using one phone.

10. danmanmtl macrumors member

I have and i wrote you my findings in my first post. Been doing it every other day since launch.