Can the iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yeah, Aug 20, 2011.

1. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

I was looking to buy a iPhone 5 (or 4s) next spring and here is my question.
    Does the iPhone allow SIM card contacts and numbers to be copied to the iphone?

2. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I had mine transferred from a Moto Razr at the AT&T store. Couldn't tell you how to do it otherwise.

3. Magsec4 macrumors member

Yes. In the settings (I believe under the "Phone" settings in the Settings app) there's a button labelled "Copy contacts from SIM." I've never used it, but it's there.

4. yeah thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah

Thanks! ;)

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

you can bring them over from an old phone that way, but you can't elect to store contacts on the SIM to move them to a new phone

6. yeah thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah

Because I have T-Mobile now and I think the next iphone will be with tmobile so I was wondering how to copy sim contacts to iphone. Thanks guys for the help!

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It seems like other people have answered your sim question, but I know from experience that in a T-Mobile retail store they can transfer them for you if you wish. And just fyi: based on rumours, you won't have to wait until next spring to pick up the iPhone 5. Currently the rumours predict a September announcement with an early October release.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The iPhone 4 (and probably 5) uses a micro-sim instead of a standard sim card so if you're expecting to just drop in the sim from an other phone then you might be out of luck.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You may be better of switching the AT&T for the 5(4S).

10. Magsec4 macrumors member

But you can trim it down to make it into a micro-sized SIM card. A quick Google search brings up guides on how to do that.