Can the Mail App Separate Mails by Date

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mush10, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mush10 macrumors regular

It is looking more and more like I will be relying on Mail for Exchange rather than Outlook. Is their a way I can separate emails by date like Outlook does? Have hundreds of emails not broken up is difficult to read/organize. Maybe a setting I am missing or another App I can download. For clarity, I am not talking of sorting by date rather having the emails in sections by their date received and broken up a bit more.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Workaround

Well, I was hoping that someone smarter would have an answer for you before I sent you my lame suggestion for a possible work-around.

If this is something you really can't live without, you could rig your computer to mail yourself an e-mail at 12:01 am with a subject of:

---Thursday, December 2, 2010 --------------------------------------------

With the subject changing for the current date.

You could even create a rule that mail coming from that account that includes "---" in the subject line gets a certain highlight to really make the day breaks stand out.

Of course, if you sort your e-mails so that the most recent floats to the top, then you'll have to change it up to send you the date that just ended in the subject line.

:)