Can the Retail stores hold items?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macchappy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. macchappy macrumors member

Hi guys, basically, the title is the question. I live about two hours away from the nearest Apple retail store, so I was wondering if a store could hold an item for me for three or four hours. Does anybody know that?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't think they do this, but i would call that particular store to find out for sure.

3. falsecathedrals macrumors member

They do hold things, but only for the rest of the day. Just call them up before you leave and you should be all set. That's what I did when I bought my new mbp, and by the time I got there 5 hours later it was the only one left in the store.

4. macchappy thread starter macrumors member

Ah, thanks.

5. jvencius macrumors regular

When I had to exchange my MBP within the 14-day warranty window, the Apple store I went to held the replacement from ~3 in the afternoon of a Thursday until noon the next day when I was able to get down there (~1 1/2 hour drive to Boulder, CO from here). I was thrilled they did that since I wouldn't want to drive 3 hours round-trip and not come home with a new machine and since MBP's were/still are flying off the shelves especially since they could, without doubt, have sold that same computer a couple times over in the meantime.