Can the rivet be changed in the sport watch bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Synergie, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I got the new champagne gold 38mm watch, and it has a cream coloured strap (they call it antique white) anyway it has a matching gold rivet in the back where it goes through the hole in the strap. So it matches...
    ALL of the replacement straps have silver ones. I'd like to switch to the Navy Blue sport strap (looks good with gold!) and I bought it but the rivet is silver...

What I'd like ot know is... is the rivet like glued in place or something? Or has anyone tried swapping them out? (I thought maybe they were pushed through the rubber hole and held in place by the stretchiness of the rubber... meaning it might be possible to pull them back out and swap the colours around so I can put the gold rivet in the blue strap. Or are they also permanently affixed in place with some sort of permanent adhesive like glue or exposy / resin etc?

Has anyone tried this? It's frustrating that I can't find another matching strap because of the matte gold colour. (but I wanted same colour I have my iPhone 6s Plus in) LOL. Same question as those whe have the new rose gold watch probably have as well....

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, it can't be changed out and yes, someone tried and it looks like ****.

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502