Can the rMB do the following :

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by artivideo.nl, Apr 8, 2015.

1. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

- handle large office documents (like large docx documents with lots of pictures) without it takes waiting time to scroll through the document (because loading the picture takes such a long time)

- play a HD video file (from SSD) compressed with a bitrate of 100Mb/s without stuttering, so fluently playing ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Any base Mac model made in recent years can easily handle such tasks. The rMB is no exception.

3. newellj macrumors 601

I vote with the guys above, but honestly OP, how in h3ll should anyone here know? No one here has one to test.

4. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

just based on apple entry level notebooks from 2009 - 2014.

5. newellj macrumors 601

That's all we can do but this is potentially a whole new can of worms. You'd probably enjoy reading the article posted at Anandtech today on three different Core M machines. Part of the takeaway is that design and engineering make a huge difference with these chips, far more than with the i3/i5/i7 series. It's a good read. But that only reinforces my guess that this one should be fine. It would be unthinkable for Apple to put this much effort into designing an entirely new notebook and not get issues like heat management (which is key to performance for Core M) right.

6. Strangerjames macrumors newbie

Can it have 50+ tabs open on chrome open without slowing down?

adult video connoisseur here.

7. Nicky G macrumors 6502a

Nicky G