Can the rMB12 do....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by artivideo.nl, Mar 12, 2015.

1. artivideo.nl, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

without limitations/stuttering :

1. perform excel, word, PP tasks parallel
    2. view finished full HD video content full screen
    3. internetting with at least 5 tabs open at the same time
    4. presentation using a beamer (HD)
    5. all the above at the same time

I think this is the minimum such an expensive toy, though estatic very beautiful, should be able to do.

2. leman macrumors 604

It can do all the above tasks. As to why you give your presentations while watching a HD video and browsing the internet with 5 tabs while editing a spreadsheet in Excel, that is beyond me. Then again, companies do their things differently :p

3. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Why would it not be able to do such things? I can do all that on my 2010 MBP with a Penryn processor from the stone age and 5 gigs of RAM.

People really are making too big of a deal out of the Core M performance. It's not an i7, but it's by no means a crippled computer.

4. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

Probably I will never do these things all at the same time but it is an indication for me what the capability of this rMB is.

So you really thing that I can watch an HD clip (stored at the MB) simultaneous on the r-screen and the beamer without stuttering and have some office applications open ?

5. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Yes of course.

6. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

wat is the maximum beamer resolution the rMB can handle ?

7. leman macrumors 604

I am fairly sure that you can watch a HD clip at the screen and have something at the beamer without stuttering. I am also sure that you can have some office applications/browser windows open at the same time (just having these things open is 'free' and does not tax the system). . I am not sure however, that you can watch a video, edit an excel table and run an intensive database operation at the same time without stuttering.

Basically, all the things a 2013 MBA can do, the new MacBook can do as well. What it can't do is any kind of activity where you need to maintain high power over prolonged periods of time (numerical computation aka video encoding and similar). It also might be not the best choice for games, although things like Civilisation should run without issues.

----------

You can also run up to 4 1920x1200 external monitors by daisy chaining. Of course, if you need to do something like this, the MB is probably not a computer for you :D

8. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks.

9. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

How does the rMB (ultimate version) perform compared to a late 2009 24 inch iMac (C2D, 3.06 GHz, 8MB Ram 1066 MHZ, normale HD) ? Will i abe able to do the same workload on the rMB as on my old imac ?