Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I have been trying to Google an answer to this and I can't find anyone saying that they were able to have Apple just swap out the headset jack on their 6/6 Plus. I ask because I would rather they did, since I am running the iOS 9 and there seems to be a problem in Beta 2 where it's backups become corrupt in iTunes. I hope it'll be fixed in the next build, but I am curious to know.

I wouldn't take the phone in for this except the fact that the headset jack (which has been loose since I got the phone compared to my 5s) is having problems keeping headphones in and cuts out the audio intermittently on different devices all the time. It started doing this under 8.3, but it has just gotten progressively worse.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
As far as I know the headphone jack is soldered to the logic board, and requires a replacement phone. The same is true with MacBooks, where they will replace the entire logic board for a faulty headphone jack.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
So I just thought I would share my experience today. I decided at the last second to downgrade back to 8.4 before I went just be safe. Genius gave me no problems replacing the phone (the headset jack is a separate component, however it requires to get to it apparently and they just replace the phone for jack problems). I ask him what they are doing for people who come in with the public beta and he said that they are just restoring the phones at the bar to the public release (8.4 currently) then running the test. That way, it alleviates a software problem and allows them to run the tests.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.