Can there be a category for asking help about jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Cubemaster13, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Cubemaster13 macrumors member

Right when I made an account on this website I was really excited to find about all of the great stuff in cydia by going to the iPad hacks section but all I find is people asking about jailbreaking. I am personally guilty of this and ironically this thread is an example of it. So please macrumors, make a section for questions about jailbreaking!

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i second... or at least make a locked sticky and post links on how to jailbreak different versions.

3. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

I think you guys can find all the info here, with no help. I did well!

4. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

It's not about if we are able to find the information when we look - its the fact that any discussion of real hacks that someone might need assistance with end up getting pushed off the front page with these jailbreak support requests and "when will the next jailbreak come" threads.

You "did well" meaning what, jailbroke your phone? In my opinion Jail breaking itself is not really a hack - it's running an app that a hacker wrote while your phone happens to be connected. I posted a thread in iPhone hacks about scripts that would change the TTL of tethered packets from a client to make it where AT&T can't detect it and hoped someone with more knowledge than I could assist with actually changing the TTL of packets routed through the phone. It was on the front page all of 12 hours before the jailbreak bs pushed it to the lost world of page 2.

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

WE can def find the info easily. It's all the other users who constantly submit new threads asking how to do it! :)

With one centralized thread, it would be quite easy to find or be referred to. I'm actualy amazed Arn [or any other admin] has not done so yet.

6. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Hmm, jailbreaks for non-unlocking iPhones has gotten so easy, I don't think a special section is needed for iPad so much. Nowadays jb is a 30second click on one program, you do not have to worry about base bands, modem firmware, or unlocks, like you do on the iPhone.

7. Cubemaster13 thread starter macrumors member

It's not that its just for iPad I would love a section about the capabilities of what the hacks do. I hate coming into iPad hacks and seeing "syncing not working" or "is it worth to jailbreak" it really bugs me!!! The stuff like "wireless mirroring" or "easy way to enable gestures" things like "when will the iPad jailbreak come out" is not worth an entire thread when there are already probably five or six more threads that have been answered

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Dude, if you don't like what you see on this part of the forum, then why do you come?

When I don't like a forum, all I do is, I don't click it's link...

Now, do you know how easy it is to create a forum online this days?

9. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

Completely agree. You know how I found out about jailbreaking, theming, UI manipulation? Doing my homework and research. That's exactly what we need, a section for the blind to lead the blind. Why don't you stop being so lazy and help yourself out instead of turning to other people to spoon feed you.

10. Cubemaster13 thread starter macrumors member

i am blind!!!! im trying to become less blind by using this forum. You make perfect sense and i guess i am not made for this website. Are there any other resources where i can find new things from cydia. When i go to changes, all i see is just themes.

11. Hackint0sh814 macrumors member

I have to agree with both arguments on this. It would be nice to have a "Hacks" sticky not for the normal repetitive questions that are asked 1,000 times over, but for tweaks and hacks more for specific needs or are less "mainstream" that you would find on Cydia. Again I also agree that some knowledge and Google could answer a lot of these types of questions, but I really think it would add value to the forum to be able to share and collaborate on hacks or ideas users may have.

12. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I think there's this neat new tool called "google".