Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It is one of the things I love about my PC its got a HDMI out....please tell me I can do this with the new iMac somehow?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Can it work the other way around too? Can I connect my cable box to the new 27 iMac through some adapter and make it just like a tv with HD and analog?

blendermf

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
Stratford, ON
Can it work the other way around too? Can I connect my cable box to the new 27 iMac through some adapter and make it just like a tv with HD and analog?

They used to have ones that did that for just DP, but they need to be updated to TB. I'm sure they exist now, not sure how much they cost though. They'd be more expensive for sure.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Yes, they can with an adapter, just like any other macs with thunderbolt. What is the big mystery?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Sorry, your post count made me assume you've been around the block

No, recently the past handful of months I've been around this forum trying to learn all I can. I did sign up a wile ago though because I've owned just about all previous iPhone/iPad generations..finally making the switch to Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.