Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooleydog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
Guys I have 2 GTX 1070 (Cost a small fortune) graphics cards, and I was wondering if they can be flashed for Mac Pro usage, or will the run anyway, as I'm installing windows 7 on another partition anyway..

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Ok.. But you see I already have both of them inside my Dell Precision T5500 PC.. However SLI is not supported in my Dell.... But it would be nice if I could use one in my Mac (They have 3 cooling fans)...

You can use then on the Mac now, flash is not required unless you need the boot screen.

Also, I think SLI can be enabled by software method if the motherboard is not supported.

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Does SLI have any real possibilities in macOS with eGPU's on the horizon? Likely would not benefit much on a cMP 5,1 but would give some hope for future MacPro's.

Hooleydog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2017
I suggest that you read this thread before parting with your money. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...nce-after-sending-unflashed-gtx-1080.2106434/

My Graphi
Does SLI have any real possibilities in macOS with eGPU's on the horizon? Likely would not benefit much on a cMP 5,1 but would give some hope for future MacPro's.

Well I mean that all I want is to run one card in my Mac. The other one can stay with my Dell... SLI not in portent in my Mac Pro..
[doublepost=1519352650][/doublepost]Hi.. I hav
You can use then on the Mac now, flash is not required unless you need the boot screen.

Also, I think SLI can be enabled by software method if the motherboard is not supported.

Hi I have tried the software method.. But even though I copied the video driver to the same folder as the program, so DifferentSLIAuto could patch it. It can't find the driver... so that program didn't work...

Oh, it's called DifferentSLIAuto

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.