Can they be turned off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elaniemay, Oct 13, 2011.

1. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Is there any way to make it so that sms/mms messages do not alert while you are on a phone call, but do alert when you are not? I hate when I'm on a call and get 10 text messages in a row and not only have to hear the ringing in my ear but miss the entire conversation during that time period. Bah!

2. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Stop dating multiple chicks at the same time.

3. racer1441 macrumors 68000

NEVER!:mad::D

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I don't know. The iPhone 4S that arrived this morning was for my wife, she's had it all day. I passed only because I don't want another glass phone or a 3.5" display after I've been using my Android phones with a very spacious 4.3" display.

I'm really hoping that next year Apple will update the iPhone to current specs. I would like to have an iPhone with a nice large display.

5. Robby S macrumors member

Aye, more spacious with a lower dot pitch, which really means it's just the same amount of stuff on screen. Beats me how people think 3.5" is small for a phone screen...I have never, ever found it to be a problem, but after holding several of the larger Android devices, found those larger screens (and bulky phones) rather pointless as it added nothing to the experience.

6. dnkbro macrumors regular

What I usually do is going into settings>sounds and turn both vibrate settings to "off" and put the phone on vibrate. That way messages still come through but they don't make a noise or vibrate. Then after the call I turn it back on. It's a slight inconvenience but it's worth it.

7. elaniemay thread starter macrumors 6502

elaniemay

Hehe...I went through that phase when I was younger, I'm happily married to a good man now ;)

And thanks, guess I'll just deal with the text message madness.

8. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

:D

I noticed your screen name after my post and then thought, "I hope she's at least bi, otherwise..."

;)

Getting lost in a stream of conscious, but I'm happy to hear you're happily married. :)

Also, seems there must be an app out there somewhere that does what you're looking for. Have you searched the marketplace?

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Screen size is a preference, not a "current spec." the iPhone 4s is updated to current specs