Can this 3GS be Unlocked?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ItouchMe, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Been out of the jailbreak game for a little while and I understand how to do everything. I just need to know if it's possible.

Heres the scenario:

iPhone 3GS 32GB Model MC137LL

Version: 5.0.1 (9A405)

Firmware: 05.16.05

I know it can be Jailbroken. Can it be UNLOCKED for T-Mobile in its current status?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. harrysapphire macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, nothing will fix it besides replacing the logic board.
    You fried the radios by attempting to install the ipad bb on an incompatible device.

5. harrysapphire macrumors newbie

No I didn't install ipad baseband when I was jailbreaking it. I only clicked "install cydia" and didn't click "install ipad baseband". Does that change anything?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

First, you cannot jailbreak/install Cydia and install the iPad baseband on the same cycle.
    So, if you didn't go back with Redsn0w and run it again to install the iPad baseband, then nothing was done (Cydia box must be unchecked for this)

If your baseband is 5.16.xx, there is no software or hardware unlock for that baseband.

And per my earlier post, there might be an option to use the iPad baseband.

7. harrysapphire macrumors newbie

Wow that's really helpful. Thank you. I've read on multiple tutorials and they say you have to install both Cydia and iPad baseband in one go. I guess I partially did the right thing, or not. The right thing to do is actually to install iPad baseband in prior to Cydia, isn't?

Let me get this clear. What I have to do next to complete the procedure is to install iPad baseband? or have I messed up everything? UGH sorry for being such a noob.