Can this be done? New to iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by teameurox, Nov 29, 2011.

1. teameurox macrumors regular

I finally gave in and just picked up a iPad 1 16gb Wifi still in the box new for 250. Updated to iOS 5 and jailbroke, is this concept possible?

Is there a way to airplay mirror from the iPhone 4s and use the iPad to receive and display the airplay feed from the iPhone? I know its not truly practical but would be a wow factor

2. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

no i dont believe so not yet anyway. but im not 100 percent

3. joesaiditstrue macrumors newbie

yes, you can use a VNC application (Remoter VNC on the iPad, and download Veency from Cydia)

the term AirPlay doesn't really need to be included in what you wanna do

4. rrandyy macrumors 6502

The app you're looking for is called Airserver. It lets you AirPlay from one iOS device to another. I use it to stream audio from my iPad to my iPhone, which is docked in my radio w/ speakers. Video and photos should work too. It is available on Cydia.

5. teameurox thread starter macrumors regular

That's very similar to what I'm looking for, but air server will not allow the 4s to mirror desktop to the iPad. It doesn't see it as an airplay mirror receiver

6. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I'm confused. You're talking about an iPhone 4S, a desktop, and an iPad?

Can you provide an example of what you want to display? For example, do you want to play video on your iphone, but display it on the iPad? Airserver will do that.

If you want to "mirror" the display of the ipad to the iphone, running airserver on the iphone should allow you to do that too. It would like something like this, but with an iphone rather than tv/appletv setup:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/06/07/airplay-mirroring-in-action/

Edit: If you have an iPad 1, you may not be able to natively mirror. I think apple is only allowing that on iPad 2. However, there may be a program to enable that feature on cydia.

Edit2: I think you should run airserver on your ipad, then do this on your iphone 4s: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57317859-285/how-to-mirror-iphone-4s-with-airplay-apple-tv/