Can this be done with an iTunes purchase?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacLadybug, Feb 24, 2009.

1. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I've purchased a TV episode and it's been downloaded to my iMac. I want to take a clip of a scene and save it to share with a friend. I'm a total weenie when it comes to working with Video, I just don't mess with it so if this is possible, then I need simple directions. The most I've done outside of downloading and playing is use Hand Brake to convert DVD's I have for my iPhone. Other than that, I've not worked with Video at all. I really appreciate any help in this area. Thanks in advance.

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Nope, you can't do that with DRM'd media.

check and see if the episode is on Hulu (or similar) and they can watch the scene there.

3. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Thanks for the quick response. I'll figure something out.

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

Time for some out of the box thinking if you ask me.... why not just give the friend $1.99 and have him/her download the episode?

You're going to be spending at least a hundred times that cost in trying to find a way to get around the DRM.

Another alternative would be to invite the friend over to your house to watch it together, if that's geographically feasible.

Technical problems often have several possible nontechnical answers.

5. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

You're right... it was just one of those moments where a clip from the show fit in with a conversation we'd had. It would have been fun to do, but not worth all the work. Thanks.