Can this recession effect iPhone productions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I mean like cutting cost in making the phone. Or in some way not live up to its expectations...
    Or Delaying the release date and making an limited amount?

2. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

No, none of these would work as the iPhone seems to be recession proof already. People want more out of their iPhones, not less.

Making a limited amount: WHAT! Everybody would go crazy! Sorry this wouldn't work at all.

I think that is just a list of what would annoy Apple fans. So in conclusion, the recession cannot effect iPhone production.

3. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Apple's got quite a bit of "rainy day" money in the bank.

Contrary to your suggestions, I'd think that they would dip into that cash, if needed, and make a product that exceeded expectations and put them far above what their competitors might be doing.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think last year I heard Apple had $23 million on hand. Therefore, Apple can afford to keep up the pace.

But I wouldn't be shocked to see some move to draw in more customers on the low end. Keeping the 8GB model and making it $149 or $99 wouldn't surprise me.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Put it this way - they've been reported to have increased production of the current iPhone.

They've been increasing the number of countries they sell in, so even if the percentage of people buying decreases, they're able to sell to more people, which works in their favour.

They'll alter the production runs depending on when the next one comes out, and the demands. You''ll know more in the April 21st ish Quarterly report from Apple.

6. bigchief macrumors 6502a

If that's all they have on hand they would be considered broke. Hell they have BILLIONS!

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Try $24.5 Billion in cash.

8. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

Actually 28 billion and growing.

9. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Yes, it can HELP stimulate the economy. Which leads to jobs, which leads to a better economy.

10. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I've wondered about this off and on myself. Now I have the answer(s).

Thanks! :D

11. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Who knows... It's made in china, so it's already pretty cheap to make but selling them.... Nah, geeks will find cash to buy what they want

12. milani macrumors 68000

milani

13. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1