Can those with unibody MBP's with *working* external displays please help with info?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isonoise, Dec 20, 2008.

1. isonoise macrumors newbie

Please see my thread on the Apple Support Forums at this link, particularly if you are using a unibody MacBook Pro and you're using an external display with it, with absolutely no problems driving the external display from your unibody MBP.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: For those of you not aware, the new unibody MacBook Pro (and maybe the unibody MacBook, too) can have serious problems driving an external display. Currently, the exact cause doesn't seem to be known. I'm interested in determining whether or not exchanging units would be of any use in fixing the issues currently--if not, I'd rather not waste the time (and I'm sure that's true for others dealing with the same problem--a problem that seems to me to be more common than I imagined).

2. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Check my setup in my signature.
    All works well.

3. macbookProSF macrumors member

Booted in osX or xp

I having some issues also booted in XP with a projector

4. kolax macrumors G3

I use my 37" LG TV with the Mini DisplayPort - VGA cable no problems.

5. TheCakeIsALie macrumors regular

I have unibody MBP 2.53 Ghz with Apple's mini-DisplayPort to DVI connector and drives my Samsung 22" monitor no problem, under both OS X and Win XP BootCamp. Also tried on my Samsung 19" monitor, never had any problem whatsoever.

By the way I mainly use the 9400M under OS X, but I tried 9600M GT occasionally and both my external monitors work fine under that. Under Win XP it has to be 9600M GT.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't have a unibody machine, so please excuse me if my post is not useful. Boot Camp with Windows left me with some problems of the external. It's so hard t make it work. Leopard makes it so simple.

7. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Getting so bored of reading post after post about windows problems on Macs... I vote for a separate place for windows issues.

8. kolax macrumors G3

There already is...

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Currently it appears to be unclear to posters when an issue is perceived as hardware related. Do you think it might be clearer if the windows area had hardware sections?

10. kolax macrumors G3

Well the OP wasn't posting about Windows, so let's not get into this here..

11. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

good point