Can TinyUmbrella backup SHSH for unactivated iPhone4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kayan, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Kayan macrumors 6502

Is it possible? I cannot activate this phone for several days, however, MuscleNerd says Apple will fix exploit fast, so I want to be safe

2. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

3. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Also does anyone know if you can save 4.0.1 on a jailbroken phone...i am trying but keep getting an error about 4.0.....i have 4.0 saved....can u not use tiny umbrella with a jailbroken phone?

4. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

You need to re-download TU to get the latest version, JB phones don't effect TU's ability to backup SHSH

5. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Thank you....i am getting further in the process now but i still get this message....HTTP status:502....and it says they were not saved...any ideas? i tried contacting notcom on twitter

6. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

I got it to work...thanks....just had to try it a few times....now i got 4.0 and 4.0.1 saved....thanks again

7. Lefty29 macrumors newbie

Lefty29

SHSH Backup

I am very interested in the answer to this question too as I have a iPhone 4 waiting for me at home I won't be able to activate until later this week since I am away. I will have a friend back it up with Tinyumbrella if its possible, but I don't know if it is. Can anyone advise?

8. Lefty29 macrumors newbie

Lefty29

Kayan,

I have discovered that TinyUmbrella works fine to back up the SHSHs even if the phone is not activated.

9. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update, fortunately, I have also already discovered that it is possible as well, I should've mentioned that after I found out.