Can Toast 12 still convert .tivo files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PaperQueen, Oct 27, 2014.

1. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

I use the direct-through-browser method to download files from my TiVo Roamio, but still need to convert the resulting .tivo file to .mp4 for iTunes import.

Anyone tried converting .tivo files in Roxio's Toast 12? I'm able to do it in Toast Titanium, but don't know if it will still run under Yosemite, once I make the leap.

(Have already tried both cTivo and kmttg, but run into audio sync issues.)

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. ItWasNotMe macrumors regular

From an administrators post

"Toast 12 is currently not compatible with MAC OS Yosemite. I will update you once a patch or update has been released. "

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topi...2-on-yosemite/

or from the System requirements page http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/#tab=4 - note the word inclusive

"* 10.5 - 10.9 inclusive only with latest software and security updates Installed"

and this for a product Roxio updated in July/August. Will be interesting to see how the patch is released. Sometime it runs for a while, often the application won't even start for me so it can't check for updates

4. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

As noted earlier, I don't use Tivo Transfer---only the conversion process, since downloads are faster and more stable via direct-through-browser or with kmttg.

As for whether or not version 12 works with Yosemite, read on:

Thanks for the info, ItWasNotMe (love the handle!). The first link led to a missing webpage, but the second was helpful. Sure hope Roxio gets it together quickly...although that might be a bit optimistic, given their track record over the years.

5. ItWasNotMe macrumors regular

Roxio just released 12.0.1 claiming Yosemite compatibility. Installed it but not tried burning anything with it yet.

6. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Please keep us posted---would love to know if it converts .tivo to .mp4 format.

7. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

8. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

If you want to get stuff off your TiVo use cTivo. It works like a charm and is free.

https://code.google.com/p/ctivo/

Edit: I missed that you've tried cTiVo, but it is much improved of late.

9. PaperQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Based on your recommendation (and comment that it's been greatly improved), I gave ctivo another whirl. Worked like a charm, as you said.

:::whew!:::

Thanks, Nunyabinez!

10. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

Glad to help. I get help sometimes here and like it when I can give back a little.

11. gibby33188 macrumors newbie

my roxio toast 11 tiro transfer no longer sees the show on my tivo it but not shows

Can someone help i tired deleting roxio toast 11 and reinstalling it it worked 2 days ago with Yosemite i can't figure out what happened ?