can toast titanium read my written files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ultimate15red, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ultimate15red macrumors newbie

hi

when i put my cd or dvd in the cd/dvd drive it reads the files fine but when i open toast it doesn't seem to show them

i remember nero on windows can read my files but not toast

is their a problem?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Another.

Can you be more specific what you mean?

Have you burnt a DVD with Toast (or Nero) and can access the files via Finder (or Windows Explorer), but can't see them in Toast?

What kind of DVD do you have burnt (or wanna burn) and what exactly to you wanna do with Toast and the already written to DVD (and see the files via Toast)?

Sorry If I come off rude, but simply more information is needed to properly assess your "problem".

Also what Toast version, what Mac OS X version and what Mac do you have?
    Where was the DVD burnt (Windows or Mac OS X)?

Any more specifics that could help us to solve your problem?

PS:
    their |ðe(ə)r|
    possessive adjective
    1 belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned or easily identified : her taunts had lost their power to touch him.
    2 belonging to or associated with a person of unspecified sex : she heard someone blow their nose loudly.

there |ðe(ə)r|
    adverb
    1 in, at, or to that place or position : we went on to Paris and stayed there eleven days | [after prep. ] I'm not going in there—it's freezing | figurative the opportunity is right there in front of you.
    • used when pointing or gesturing to indicate the place in mind : there on the right | if anyone wants out, there's the door!
    • at that point (in speech, performance, writing, etc.) : “I'm quite—” There she stopped.
    • in that respect; on that issue : I don't agree with you there.
    • [with infinitive ] used to indicate one's role in a particular situation : at the end of the day, we are there to make money.
    2 used in attracting someone's attention or calling attention to someone or something : hello there! | there goes the phone.
    3 (usu. there is/are) used to indicate the fact or existence of something : there's a restaurant around the corner | there comes a point where you give up.

3. ultimate15red thread starter macrumors newbie

this is ganna be looong day

okey here goes

1-i burn my data files on dvd with toast and view them on finder and windows but the files doesn't show on toast when i put the dvd

2-the dvd is a data dvd(pictures music or video) and i want to write on the same dvd again(i want to add more files to be specific)but it doesn't show on toast(nero can do it so why toast can't?)

3-toast titanium version 9.0.1 , mac os x versio 10.5.8, an imac 2.66, lg dvd burner external(works fine and kicking)

sorry not being specific :)

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Now I understand, thanks for the explanation.

What you want to do is write different sessions to a DVD, Nero could do that, as I remember.

To do that in Toast open the Recorder Settings (Option/Alt+R) and see the following custom built image.

[​IMG]

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

You do know that if you only write a session on a disk that it is not readable on other computers or DVD players until you finalize it...

6. ultimate15red thread starter macrumors newbie