Can Touch ID be set in intervals?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Zaft, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I have an iPhone 5 so i dont know. Can touch ID be set so it only requires a fingerprint in certain intervals (1,5,15 min) like passcode?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

3. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

Yeah, this is a gripe of mine. I had skipped the 5s upgrade, so this feature is new to me. I like it, but I don't like having to use it when I had just turned the phone off 10 seconds ago.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am using a Windows phone right now. Of course there is no touch ID, but I have it set to not require a passcode until it's been locked for 5+ minutes. Love the feature, I must say.

5. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

For me it hasn't seemed like an extra step to do touch id. The moment I turn on the screen with the home button it's already signed me in. Way faster than my 5S. It took me by surprise the first couple times, but now I appreciate not having to press the button then press again to unlock. I don't even have to think about it anymore.

6. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Exactly what I do. I press down the home button/touch id to wake the iPhone and leave my thumb for a split second longer and it unlocks.

7. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Yeah there really needs to be an option to allow the phone to require touch id after a set period of time. As someone who just came from an iPhone 5 and had a 15 minute passcode set, it's slightly annoying!

8. Zaft thread starter macrumors 68040

Zaft

That's not really the issue. With IOS 8 we have interactive notifications. When I want to reply to a message from the lock screen I need to enter the passcode after my 5 minutes which I have set.

So that will be annoying when I get the 6... I will have to use my finger print every time I want to reply to a message or mail from the lock screen.:rolleyes:

9. iceandlime macrumors newbie

No you won't. In settings you can chose if some apps won't require touchid or passcode in order to reply from the lockscreen, one of them being messages.

I have been using the reply from lockscreen non stop, and it doesn't require your passcode or touchid.

10. Zaft thread starter macrumors 68040

Zaft

Unfortunately mail isn't one of them.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

And you can still do that if you don't use TouchID on an iPhone.

12. 6836838 Suspended

I want this too. It's especially annoying when asking Siri to launch apps from a headphone control. Would be nice too if certain apps could be given exceptions such that they can be launched when the phone is locked.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I know. It's just something I was reminded of having come from touchid device to one without. Would be nice if they added it for touch ID :)