Can Unlocking website block my IMEI?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by americaroma, Dec 20, 2015.

1. americaroma macrumors member

I recently paid $100 to an unlocking website for them to unlock my iphone 6s plus which currently only works for T-Mobile USA... they claimed it would take an average of 5-10 bussines days for them to unlock my iphone but it has been over 15 days and they still are ''processing'' my order. I have done bussines with this website in the past and i was a happy costumer, but not anymore.

During these days i had to find another solution because I wasn't in a position to wait more than 10 days without cell phone service, I dont longer need my Iphone to be unlocked. At this point I just want my money back and never have to use their service again.

I used pay pal to pay them, can I file a complaint to pay pal? Is this company capable of listing my iphone with a bad imei?

2. ElBerryKM13 macrumors regular

You will probably lose a paypal case as these are digital goods and paypal doesnt offer any type of protection. You might have better luck asking your bank but you risk getting banned from paypal in doing so and for $100 is not worth it. I order codes from different vendors and a lot of times their turnaround times are what they claim but sometimes they experience delays and can't do a thing about it. I recommend you wait at least another week and politely ask for a refund if they are a decent vendor you will get your money back.

3. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

Since they did not ship something to you they have no proof that they provided you anything besides their word for an iPhone and a gsx report which could be falsely made easily. I would go for a complaint on paypal saying they said 10 days and they did not deliver within that time period so you the buyer would like a refund.

4. 617aircav Suspended

I always wonder why anyone would buy an iPhone from T-Mobile if then want to pay to unlock it.

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

T-Mobile has unlocked every phone (4 phones) that I have bought through them. Of course I paid for all my phones outright so I was able to unlock them almost upon receiving them. My 6S+ was the only iPhone that I bought from Apple and it was the 128GB sim free.

They have unlocked all those phones within two hours of me calling.