Home Can use Lutron app remotely, but not Home app

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by ActionableMango, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I have a Lutron Caseta dimmer and hub.

The Lutron app works perfectly on network (wi-fi) and remotely (LTE). It correctly detects the states of the lights and can control them.

The Apple Home app works perfectly on network (wi-fi) only. When used remotely (LTE), the devices in the app all state "No Response. This accessory is not responding."

Apple instruction says that to get this working over the Internet, I must have an AppleTV4 logged into iCloud with two-factor authentication (I do). They also provide instruction for how to verify this (I have).

I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

2. gildorn macrumors newbie

Does the "Automation" tab seem to indicate that HomeKit is otherwise working fine remotely? That's the one I use to make sure remote-HomeKit is fine. This can help narrow down if it's more HomeKit-y or Lutron-y of a problem.

I sometimes see "No Response" as a summary of my Lutron lights for a good few minutes before it loads. Do the individual controls say "Updating…" still or you waited long enough that it got to "No Response"? (Other times it works very quickly.)

3. ActionableMango thread starter macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Thanks for the response. I got it working by removing all the devices and re-entering them all again. I hope I don't have to do that periodically. It's been about a week now and still working correctly.