Can vibrate be made louder

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aspen, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Aspen macrumors member

The phone is on vibrate. Is there a way to make it louder so that I can hear when either a phone call or email comes in? I'm in a fairly quiet room but just loud enough so that I can't hear the vibration.

Thanks for the help.

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Afraid not. :/ I would suggest increasing the ringer volume or putting the phone in your pocket.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Coming from say, a blackberry, the vibrate can seem kind of weak. But you just get used to it after a while. It's not such a big deal.

4. Aspen thread starter macrumors member

OK, thanks for that. Too bad; it's a great function on my iPod Touch.

How about this scenario? The phone is on vibrate or ring and an email comes in. How does it notify you that there is a new email? Will it vibrate or ring?

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you have both "Vibrate" and "New Mail" selected on, it will do both.

Attached Files:

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

In the latest version of iOS the email vibration is a single slightly longer vibration while texts are two rapid and short vibrations. This let's you tell the difference when you can't hear their different chimes.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Take the 'phone out of its case and place it on a thin metal tray (a christmas-cookie-tin lid or small baking tray will do). Place the tray on a hard surface like a wooden desk. Sprinkle some small screws or other metal items on the tray around the phone.

Loud enough? :)

8. drummr macrumors regular

I thought the point of having a vibrate function is so you can feel it and NOT hear it..? Try putting it on ring?

My cousins phone might as well be on ring when it vibrates. It hits a resonance where the whole phone about shakes itself apart.:rolleyes:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice:D