Can Video be Seen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LoveTheTouch, Oct 8, 2008.

1. LoveTheTouch macrumors newbie

While surfing on internet, is there a way to view video while reading news? It always says "No Video Format."

I have iPod Touch 8 gigs (1st generation).

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's more than likely a flash video, and the iPod touch does not support flash.

3. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

Then.....Why can I view UTube videos? Something is not right about this. I surf on the internet and cannot view news videos or music video. I get an error message saying "Sorry, we not support LAUNCHcast Radion on Mac OS."

I was surfing Yahoo and I cannot hear the video.

It would be really nice to listen to the video that goes with news stories.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Because Youtube is a totally different app. You cannot view flash videos using Safari. Open Safari and go to youtube.com, the videos on there will not work. Apple has already said it's because it will use up a lot of the battery very quickly; they made the Youtube app solely because it is such a popular website. Once again, flash videos cannot be viewed in Safari.

5. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Flash isn't viewable in Safari on your iPod Touch or iPhone.

Apple included a YouTube App for you to use for YouTube videos. Because the app isn't playing Flash, it's playing some other format that's enabled to stream on the device.

6. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

I just went to safari and googled UTube and watched UTube. The video almost 10 minutes long with sound and video.

Now, why can't I watch the news? Sorry to be such a pest.

7. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Your question has already been answered, you can't watch news because Flash is not supported on the Ipod Touch, and Flash is how most of the news is posted on the Internet.

YouTube is different in that Apple has produced a special application that allows it to run on your Touch.

No one that owns a touch can run Flash video so your not alone, maybe it will be different in the future but that is the way it is for now so accept it.

You can continue to ask the same question if you'd like, but you will continue to get the same answer. Flash is not supported.

8. JimmyDThing macrumors regular

LoveTheTouch. First of all, regarding this post. As stated previously, you got your answer... multiple times. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's going to change. When you have the answer to your question, don't just ask again.

Second, sorry to get away from the topic of this thread, but this needs to be addressed I believe. You have started 4 new threads that, other than this one, contain either issues that have been raised and you could have just searched for an answer, or threads that don't have a reason to exist.

[​IMG]

Please post when necessary after searching for your answer first. When you do feel you need to start a new thread, do so and accept the answer given rather than ignore and re-ask the question. If someone answers incorrectly, I promise you someone will correct them.

9. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

Youtube can be viewed through the safari app because it doesn't use flash but .3gp files, when it detects a mobile browser. Unless you look for news websites with a "mobile" version you are out of luck.

10. LoveTheTouch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you Night Phoenix, that's all I wanted to understand.

I have searched...really do not want to go through 100's or more threads, when I search for the subject in the search engine.

Enough said, I just wanted the understanding.

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Opening just one of those threads should have given you an answer. That question has been asked a ridiculous amount of times.