Can Watch handle multiple timers? [UPDATE Seems like it can't]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iFanaddic, Apr 21, 2015.

1. iFanaddic, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I love using siri to setup timers but it frustrates me when she tells me "A timer is already running" Do you think the  Watch, being the time keeping device that it is, will allow me to do this without the need for a 3rd party? (Which wouldn't work with siri Anyway)

Attached Files:

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Thousands of people have had access to working models in stores...? I went myself but was so exited I forgot to check:(

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Would be nice but I doubt it will be able too.

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

The only work around I've seen is to phrase it as a reminder (which is annoying since they stick around after they remind you).

I would love to be able to use Siri to start multiple timers and give them unique names (i.e., Chicken, Rice, etc).

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You can often use an alarm instead of a timer.

7. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Can Watch handle multiple timers?

That's exactly what I have in mind...

The only thing I dislike about reminders and alarms is the fact that we don't see how much time is left to them.

Example when trying a new recipe knowing how much time until the next step helps you gauge how wether or not you are late and need to pickup some speed. By the time the reminder or the alarms rings it may be too late to do anything about it.

8. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

I didn't notice an option for multiple countdown timers. However, you can place the timer, alarm, and stopwatch as part of your complications meaning you can glance at your watch and quickly see time elapsed or time remaining.

Also you can have multiple alarms. I'm not sure of the maximum number, but I created at least three.

9. kitkat2 macrumors member

Attached Files:

10. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Nice find! Anyone seen it in action?

11. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

wow!
    Agreed good find! Maybe they'll expand that capability to iOS soon, too. I wonder how it works as I too have run into instances that it would more convenient to set multiple times, especially while cooking.

12. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Can Watch handle multiple timers? [UPDATE Seems like it can]

Got my Watch and i've trying to set multiple timers, but Siri always seems to erase the first one. Maybe I'm just doing this wrong anyone got it to work?

13. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Don't have my watch yet, but maybe "set a new timer..." rather than just set a timer?

EDIT: Also maybe the screenshot is talking about manually setting a timer in the timer app.

14. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

15. patrickbarnes macrumors regular

16. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Thanks, I may end up using it. The advantage i had with the stock app is access to Siri. Damn you Apple for not letting Siri access 3rd prty apps by default!

17. blg123 macrumors member

Multiple timers?

Bumping this up to see if anyone has found a good app for the Apple Watch to handle multiple timers. Need something like this for cooking.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yes. I work in a kitchen and sometimes need multiple timers.

19. Prince Akeem macrumors newbie

Prince Akeem

Same here, I haven't found a way to set multiple timers on my :apple:Watch yet. Not with Siri, also not with Apple's build-in Timer app. Anyone?

Maybe it'll help when I file a (bug/feature) report to apple about this.

BTW, one major thing I miss with the current timer: I can't set a timer in Minutes/Seconds. You can only enter Hours/Minutes (after which it does show seconds, but only while counting down). For some things you simply need seconds too! I know I can make my own app (or download one) that does this, but I feel this should definitely be included with the build-in timer in an upcomming WatchOS update!

20. undies1993 macrumors 6502a

I wanted to set multiple timers today too but could not figure out how. It seems like the apple site suggests you can.

Additionally you can set seconds with Siri.

21. kitkat2 macrumors member

I wound up sort of getting multiple timers on my watch today, in a limited fashion. I already had a timer running on it and I needed to time something else so I used the timer on my phone. When it went off I received the notification on my watch and was able to dismiss it from there. The original watch timer continued to run as usual. So that was useful.

22. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Even the iphone built in time can't either. There are apps that can though. Maybe there's one for the iwatch.

23. jwarthman macrumors newbie