All iPads Can we all agree about Jony Ive

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macguy360, Oct 23, 2013.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I think the new iPads are amazing, but Apple needs to take a break from using Jony Ive for advertisements. Every time a video of him shows up, he might as well be wearing a wizard costume with a medieval backdrop as he explains to us common folk how magical this new fangled device is.

"We had this challenge, how to maintain battery life while making a smaller package"

You mean the magic thing that happens when you switch from a 32nm processor to a 28nm processor resulting in lower TDP.

Sorry Jony Ive but this isn't revolutionary, its just physics and it is happening with every single computer company that switches to a lower nm processor. In fact, the only thing that Apple has done is scale down the size of the battery to a smaller battery and then shrink the case to fit it.

I would prefer someone talk to us about the improvements in technology rather than talk to us like were simple minded peons drooling at a magical device that is unbelievably able to be smaller and lighter.

2. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I love Jony Ive videos. I just wish we had Mansfield in them, still.

3. Sebct macrumors regular

The majority of consumers purchasing an iPad do not care that they switched processors to one that is more efficient. All they want to hear is that it has increased battery life and to an extent, is quicker.

4. macguy360 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed, but you have to admit the fanaticism with which Jony Ive describes Apple products makes them out to seem like they are a gift from God.

5. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    The guy has worked hard on something he cares a lot about for many years, and it's finally possible. Little details are his bread and butter. I'd say he's quite genuine in his ravings about it.

6. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

"Everything is amazing and nobody is happy."

Louis CK.

7. OSMac macrumors 65816

Can we all agree he needs to stop wearing tee shirts ?

It's just seems Apple's events are getting so predicatiable.
    Was refreshing long time ago when Steve walked out in jeans,
    and the MS world was in suits.

iOS 7 is no positive revolution in design for many, and the new Mac Pro ...

8. markintosh macrumors member

markintosh

Jony

9. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

Yeah, but the new CPU is 2x faster, it's not the old one on 28nm.
    Now, that's magic! :cool:

10. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Why doesn't he do the live presentations? He would be so much better than the people they have doing them.

11. macguy360 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Look at intel cpu releases. They have consistently done the same thing. It is a matter of just decreases nm production size while modifying architecture and making some improvements. That isn't magic, it is moore's law. (shakes head).