Can we ask for reviews?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MKOn, Dec 9, 2016.

1. MKOn macrumors newbie

Hello!

I needed a project and therefore I started creating a currency converter that I would love to get feedback on? My question is therefore if I am allowed to post my link here?

It is meant to become an app when I am completely satisfied with the product. I figured that web design and development, would be the most suited forum to post it?

I look forward to reading you (hopefully) positive feedback and answers!

Take care

2. MKOn thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright after having read the official rules I am confident, that I can post my soon to be service here.
    The link for my currency converter can be found here.

I look forward to reading all your feedback! I am working with the overlapping, white space and getting the flags alphabetically ordered.

3. 960design macrumors 68020

That looks pretty sharp.
    Normally, I can come up with all sorts of recommendations. In this case, I believe I need you to check over my sites and give me advice. Very nice work.

Ember has a happy place in my heart.

4. neeklamy macrumors newbie

Very nice! Just a couple of small things I noticed.

It could do with an overflow of some kind, put in a large number and the display breaks:

Currency-converter-number-overflow.png

The multiplication symbol (on the right) looks a lot nicer than the ‘X’ you’re using:

Currency-converter-symbols-suggestion.png

And the same for the division symbol, and there’s a minus sign too (although it’s usually less obviously different), Stack Overflow: multiplication and division symbols in HTML

The entered amount clears when pressing some of the alphabet keys, ‘e’, ‘r’, ‘a’, ‘l’, and ‘c’ – is the ‘c’ by design?

5. lincolnboland macrumors newbie

lincolnboland

Hello,

I checked your app and I found that it is working well for converting currency, so it's overall performance is very well.

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Perhaps sortable currencies or at least by alpha? Took forever to find what I wanted. I was unable to search with COMMAND-F as well.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Looks great! This is something I can have my students use.

As @Les Kern said, alpha would be nice. Or being able to start typing the country to find.

8. Appus macrumors newbie

Appus