Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, there are too many spam calls. No way to blacklist each of them. Can we block all calls except those registered in our phonebook?

krezimax1975

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2022
Russia
You can block all unknown numbers. sorry, the video is in Russian, but you can see where and what

Reactions: hajime

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
Yeah that's been the only good option. Unfortunately that means you'll need to proactively add new contacts least you miss a call. What's annoying is recently i had to get windshield replacement. I swear they contacted me from several different phone numbers. I had to add them all. So I Know who is calling next time.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
For those who have been using this feature, is the advantage (not getting spam calls sometimes several times a day) outweighing the disadvantage (missing calls from somebody legit)?

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
If I use this feature, will it also block messages from unregistered numbers to iMessage?

oasantos1

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2023
Orange County, CA
For those who have been using this feature, is the advantage (not getting spam calls sometimes several times a day) outweighing the disadvantage (missing calls from somebody legit)?
The pros outweigh the cons.

If I give someone my number, I just tell to text me and I will call them back.

PabloLa

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2023
I thought that app TrueCaller can do this - but I'm not sure - installed it last time and ... seems to not work at all?
Or maybe it is functioning only in premium version...

Pooneil

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
I thought that app TrueCaller can do this - but I'm not sure - installed it last time and ... seems to not work at all?
Or maybe it is functioning only in premium version...
Yes. The premium version forwards all calls to their service. The caller is met with "Assistant", an
AI answering bot to screen the call. If a message is left, it is recorded and the Truecaller app is now your voicemail. The caller shows up on your iPhone screen. After a few rings, the Assistant occupies the screen with caller information etc. I guess that it is similar to other call forwarding screeners but has a few more bells and whistles. I tried Hiya but it was very slow and it did not show badges etc. I think that Robokiller is similar. Assistant can be chosen regarding personality and the answering message can be modified in the Assistant settings. I am using it now. The jury is still out although I have tested it using my wife's phone and it does work as described. It is pricey though. $89 per year or $10 per month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.