Can we contribute to Apple's Maps?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Numenorean7, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Numenorean7 macrumors newbie

Is there anyway we can submit data, build 3D buildings and submit them, suggest places and points of interest, etc??

I know we can submit "problems", but is there anything more we can do? Is there a way?

2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

3. King Bowser macrumors regular

how can we report that the entire app is messing up or partially ?

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The places and points of interest information is pulled from Yelp, so that would be a good place to start.

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Honestly we are all going to contribute....remember last year with all that iOS data people were concerned about as if Apple were tracking us....well I truly believe all that iOS data is going to be used to improve upon Apple Maps in the future....diagnostics/data submission is probably going to be maps data...

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I tried searching for an address in New York, it was waaaaay off, so I just clicked on the pin, clicked for more info and there was a button to report a problem. There's a list of possible options, I tapped 'Pin is in wrong location' and was prompted to drag the pin to the correct place before submitting it back to Apple.

If Apple are going to improve the application I suppose this is a good way of getting focused error reports sent to them.

7. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

i reported a problem with a panera bread in my area showing up at the wrong intersection, and it was fixed on the map within 12 hours!

So yes, use it!

8. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have this same exact issue. Panera bread in my town is at least 12 blocks off course.

9. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

but oh so delicious

10. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Well gosh now I'm hungry. :p

11. dklassen77 macrumors newbie

Have you been able to find a way of contributing aerial imagery to apple maps?

12. midnightMachine macrumors member

Maybe Apple secretly owns a good portion of Subway, so the Panera locations are intentionally wrong...

13. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

We couldn't contribute to the 3D buildings because aircraft with specialized cameras are used to map out the buildings.

14. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

You can always turn on "send diagnostics data automatically". It will send bug reports, crashes among other things that need fixing.