can we dual boot in os lion?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by prgoh, Jul 15, 2011.

1. prgoh macrumors newbie

Hi guys, am getting the mbp soon..are we still able to dual boot win7 in OS lion?

2. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Yes.

The Windows partition does not get affected as you will install Lion on either separate partition or on the Mac OS X partition you already have (sounds plausible enough I hope :) )..

3. prgoh thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for your reply. so if i to get the mbp with os lion pre installed im still able to dual boot right??:apple:

4. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I don't see why not.. I mean you will still have disc utility to partition drive and dedicate window space... Also, Lion GM has Bootcamp assistant.. so I think that there shouldn't be any dramas.

Also, just an FYI as I remembered now.. as I have been annoyed with the way one boots into the windows partition (i.e. hold alt during re-start or whatever, as this didn't always work for me), there is a small app called BootChamp that works really nice. It basically, when launched, appears in the menu bar and allows you to boot directly into the windows... it restarts but you don't have to hold anything...

Can't remember, I think its free...

5. ww1971 macrumors newbie

rEFIt 0.14

I am wondering if rEFIt 0.14 bootloader for mac will let me dual boot between lion 10.7 and windows 7 home premium 64 bit? or isn't rEFIt 0.14 recommended for lion? if it is not compatible would there be a new version of rEFIt that will be compatible with lion?